The Equestrian Notice Board Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy, together with our Terms and Conditions, sets out the way in which any personal data we collect from you, or you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By applying for Membership to or an account on The Equestrian Notice Board Limited and by visiting The Equestrian Notice Board, once your membership or account has been accepted, you are accepting and consenting to the practises described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) the data controller is The Equestrian Notice Board Limited, Park Farm, Grotto Lane, Over Peover, Knutsford, Cheshire WA169HJ.
Information we may collect from you
The Equestrian Notice Board Limited (our site) will collect and process the following data about you when you are using or applying for Membership or an account to our site.
The Equestrian Notice Board Limited (our site) will collect and process the following data about you when you are using or registering to use our site as an advertiser.
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you complete the account application form, subscribe to our service, become subscriber of our site, when you change / update your personal details, contact preferences, place an advert or post on our site, search on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we can automatically collect the following information:
- Technical Information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, comments, likes, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer services number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you from third parties who either use our site or who advertise on our site (including, for example, photographers, vendors using this site to sell particular products, Hunt Secretaries, other subscribers and advertisers of The Equestrian Notice Board, credit reference agencies).
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Remember me cookie – if you tick the box on the home page that says ‘keep me logged in’ this cookie will be placed on your browser for 30 days, or until you delete it.
It is possible to block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. Please be aware that if you use your browser settings to block all cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Uses made of the information
Information you give to us. We will use this information to:
- Administer your account or subscription;
- Renew your subscription;
- Help our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- Cancel your membership;
- Communicate with you about our membership, our site, events and other activities;
- Notify you about changes to our service and our site;
- Help us present content from our site in the most efficient manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information to:
- Administer our site and for internal operations, including trouble shooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical purposes;
- Improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most efficient manner for you and your computer.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so;
- Help our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- Quantify or understand the effectiveness of advertising on our site and to share relevant advertising with you;
- Suggest and Recommend to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information.
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with selected third parties including, but not limited to:
> Our website developer, IRUN Limited, for the purposes of storing your information and supporting and improving our website;
> IRUN Limited – for the purposes of hosting our website and storing your data including our content management system;
> Our mail management company who may store your personal data and use it for the purposes of sending out newsletters or magazines or calendars about us and our membership, on our behalf.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If The Equestrian Notice Board Limited or substantially all of it’s assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Equestrian Notice Board Limited, our customers, or others.
Our site uses Stripe Pay and PayPal to collect and process payment information. When you are required to enter your payment information on our site (for example when you are paying for an advertisement on our site) you will be directed to Stripe Pay or PayPal and we will not collect or process any of your financial or payment information. Stripe Pay and PayPal's own privacy policies will apply to the financial information you provide.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or you have chosen) a password which enables you to access our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. It is of the utmost importance that you do not share this password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site, may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. Please be aware that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10.00 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.